School Business Manager
We are looking for a fantastic new School Business Manager who goes the extra mile for our children and school. The post has arisen due to the retirement of the current post holder. You will need to be an excellent professional who has the financial understanding and ability to manage our budget in a proactive and secure manner whilst being open to learning and using new systems.
We expect all our staff to be really effective communicators and team players therefore you will engage with a variety of different people on a daily basis. You will be able to communicate where the school is financially to the Governors as well as being innovative in finding and securing additional funding streams as well as marketing our school so that we continue to flourish including our nursery and wrap around care.
Therefore, the successful candidate will be effective in the management of the school’s finances, some aspects of HR, some aspects of premises, IT, data protection and school administration.
We are a forward thinking, friendly village school at the heart of our community. Have you got what it takes to become a member of Team TCP and help our children to realise their potential?
- Have management experience, skills and competencies to enable you to work innovatively and contribute to the development of Tarleton Community Primary School in the future.
- Have the ability to contribute to the strategic development of the school to ensure we deliver best value for our pupils both now and in the future.
- Be able to produce, understand and effectively communicate reports considering the implications and next steps for the school.
- Be a confident leader who develops staff and approaches in a friendly, succinct manner
- Value the benefits of collaboration with others either in school or with colleagues in other schools or businesses
- Go the extra mile in terms of time and effort to ensure every child reaches their potential
- Be an organised, friendly and outward looking person who can take responsibility for operational aspects of the future development, and areas of day to day management of Tarleton Community Primary School, especially our Tiny Treasures Nursery provision and our Clubhouse @TCP breakfast and after school club.
- Have experience of managing finances, including budget preparation and control, financial management, reconciliation, procurement, staffing and supporting the school leaders to achieve the aims of the school.
- Be warm and friendly as you will be the first point of contact for all stakeholders, visitors and contractors and must be able to uphold the schools ethos, values and aims.
We can offer:
- Extraordinary children who are a pleasure to interactive with
- Fantastic CPD both in-house through a wealth of experienced colleagues in other schools
- A system of supervision to support your well-being as a member of our team
- An excellent and friendly team of colleagues who will support you
- Committed and supported parents
- An induction (to be negotiated)
- A strong and supportive Governing Body
- A lot of laughter and camaraderie
The post is from the 1st September 2022 and is a full time and permanent position.
The post is full-time - 37 hours per week
Term time and to include INSET days and an additional 2 weeks
Scale - Grade 8
If you are an excellent professional who does their best to ensure that we can provide the very best for our children then we want to hear from you!
Further information is available from the headteacher Chris Upton firstname.lastname@example.org and completed packs should include the attached application form along with a letter of application. When writing your letter of application, please evidence each of the person specification criteria, giving concrete examples for each point and demonstrating impact. We strongly advise visiting the school and encourage visits which can be booked via the School Office (01772 812547).
Closing date: 9.00am Wednesday 8th June 2022
Shortlisting: Thursday 9th June 2022
Interview: w/c Monday 13th June 2022
For an informal discussion please contact: Chris Upton (Headteacher)
Please see below for application forms and details or contact the school office - email@example.com
Tel: 01772 812547
Completed applications can be emailed to the School Business Manager, Gail Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org before 9.00am on Wednesday 8th June 2022. Please put the word ‘Application’ in the subject header.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available to all applicants upon request.